Google AdWords – Outsourcing Or
April 29, 2015
Google AdWords with its pay-per-click service is a popular tool in the advertising industry. With a reach of 90% of all Internet users and 180 billion ad impressions each month, Google AdWords is the world’s largest display advertising network.
While marketers know that there are significant benefits of AdWords campaigns for their businesses, they are often struggling to decide whether to have campaigns managed by an in-house expert or if to outsource them. Before dealing with this dilemma, let’s understand the significance of AdWords by addressing some of the benefits.
- Engage users with appealing ad formats: AdWords give you an option to choose a variety of ad formats such as text, image, video, or rich media formats.
- Highly targeted: Google provides the advertisers with variety of different tools that will help them maximize their ROI. Targeting methods such as location based, mobile (OS, carrier, and Wi-Fi), language, time tagging, age and gender are just the tip of the iceberg.
- Remarketing: Remarketing lets you show ads to people who have visited your Website or used your mobile app before. When people leave your Website without conversions, remarketing helps you reconnect with them by showing relevant ads as they browse the web, use mobile apps or while they search on Google.
- Cost effective: With AdWords, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad (Cost per click bidding). In addition, you can determine exactly how much you want to spend. If you are working with AdWords professionals they will optimize your campaign so your cost per click (CPC) will gradually decline over time. This means you’ll see an increase in traffic without increasing the costs.
- Measurable: AdWords campaigns are highly measurable. Campaign results can be evaluated in real time, right down to the numbers of clicks, impressions, click through rate (CTR), conversions and cost per action (CPA). This way it’s easy to measure your ROI.
- Reach: Google AdWords’ reach is unprecedented. The ad network reaches 90% of Internet users worldwide. It’s very likely your customers and potential customers are among these users.
If you are one of the many marketers that are uncertain of who should manage their AdWords campaigns keep reading.
There are a few factors that need to be taken into consideration when making this decision. We sat down and created an outline of parameters explaining the differences between in-house and outsourcing to help you understand what suits you and your advertising goals best.
Last but not Least
This month, Google launched an updated algorithm designed to reward mobile-friendly web pages. The update will potentially give a ranking boost to these optimized pages in Google’s mobile search results. My advice, get your site indexed as mobile friendly so this update will not affect your AdWords ranking but eventually improve your campaign performance.
Find out more about Google AdWords in our dedicated media kit. Feel free to contact us for consultation. Our team will be happy to talk to you about your options.
Dan Dicker is a Mobile Team Leader at dmg