With Gamescom fully in play, a lot of interesting trends are being spotted.
There is no reason not to share them with you:
1) Mobile games continue to close the gap between them and console games. Both gaming-wise and graphics-wise.
2) There is a strong presence of emerging markets in this year’s conference. Companies from East Asia, India, Iran, and more were all spotted.
3) It appears that everybody wants a chunk from mobile apps profit. obviously developing an app costs less money than developing a console game, and this makes companies from emerging markets key players alongside the major companies.
4) Investors are looking mostly at Indie companies and monetization experts.
5) Gaming applications are once again the biggest draw of the conference.
It will be interesting to see how these trends will affect the gaming industry, and whether we will witness some kind of revolution upon us.
Alon Shen & Liran Singer are part of the Sales team at dmg.